LickiMat Tuff™ Soother™ Lick Mat
Why we love it: Lick mats keep pets occupied and release endorphins to relieve stress in anxious pups, especially useful during bathtime!
- Give your dog or cat all the benefits of a traditional silicone lick mat in a chew-resistant design made from tough non-toxic food grade TPR and recyclable polypropylene.
- Serve soft treats like yogurt or wet food on this unique mat that reduces anxiety by releasing endorphins as your pet licks.
- This mat’s design features lots of small bumps that offer extra tongue stimulation to soothe your pup as they enjoy soft or liquidy treats.
- A lick mat can also improve your pet’s breath by promoting saliva production and gently scraping food off their tongue as they eat.
- It also works as an alternative to a slow feeder as well as a convenient way to mix in medication or supplements.
- This lick mat is 8” x 8” in size and is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Important: Remember that no toy is indestructible. Be sure to supervise your dog when playing and remove the mat if it becomes damaged.
- This product is Rover verified. Pet parents love it and we think you will too! Learn more >
About LickiMat: What started as a mission to improve pet oral health has become a line of leading anti-anxiety lick mats and bowls. When your dog or cat licks a LickiMat, endorphins are released that calm and relax them and the gentle scraping action can even help to freshen their breath!
We offer returns and exchanges within 60 days of receiving your order. You can return your item and receive a refund to the original payment method or exchange your item for something new.
Please note: When returning an item, a $6 return shipping fee will apply. Consumables are not eligible for returns. We do not accept returns on personalized items. If you typed your personalization incorrectly, please let us know within 7 days of receiving the item and we will send you a one-time code for 50% off this item so you can reorder.
How do I clean my lick mat?
These lick mats are safe to wash in the top rack of your dishwasher. If using a stickier treat like peanut butter we recommend soaking prior to washing.
What makes lick mats good for dogs?
When animals lick repetitively, endorphins are released in their brains, promoting a feeling of calm. This makes them a soothing solution to anxiety and boredom by distracting them with a yummy treat. They’re also great for dogs who eat too quickly by slowing down mealtimes and can prevent overfeeding of treats since it takes so long to lick out every last bit. Lick mats can also support better digestion by stimulating saliva production and promote healthier teeth and gums.
How can I make a lick mat treat last longer?
The more complex the pattern, the longer it typically takes a dog to get a lick mat clean. Look for mats with lots of small nooks and crannies. You can also spread on a soft treat and then freeze the lick mat to help it last longer and to cool your dog down on hot days. Lastly, the stickier the treat the longer it tends to last! Try peanut butter over yogurt, for example.
Which kinds of food and treats can I put on a lick mat?
You can put just about anything on a lick mat! Peanut butter is a classic that lots of people use because it’s so accessible—just be sure to use a brand that does not contain xylitol as it’s toxic to dogs.
More ingredients to try:
Plain yogurt (without added sweeteners)
Mashed dog-safe fruit like apples, blueberries, bananas, or watermelon
Cooked and pureed vegetables like carrots, spinach, green beans, or peas
Honey in very small amounts
Ground meat and fish, cooked and unseasoned
Baby food (without xylitol or added sweeteners)
Wet dog food and dog treats
Are some lick mats more difficult than others?
The easier lick mats tend to be shallower and with wider patterns. This makes it easier for dogs to lick up even sticky treats. The deeper and more complex the pattern, the more difficult a lick mat will typically be and the longer it will take a dog to lick up their treat.
Can lick mats go in the microwave?
Absolutely, most lick mats are made from silicone which can withstand the high temperatures of a microwave. You can warm up food or even cook food in the microwave right on your lick mat.
Can cats use lick mats too?
Yes, many cats enjoy the challenge of a lick mat! It’s a great way to slow down speedy eaters too. Try it with wet cat food or cat-specific squeeze treats.